Joining a choir has many health benefits – physically, emotionally and socially.
1. Singing exercises our lungs. It tones up our intercostal muscles and our diaphragm.
2. It can improve our sleep.
3. We benefit our hearts and circulation by improving our aerobic capacity and we decrease muscle tension.
4. Our facial muscles get toned.
5. Our posture improves.
6. We can become more mentally alert.
7. Sinuses and respiratory tubes are opened up more.
8. With careful training recent evidence suggests that it can help decrease the problem of snoring.
9. There is a release of pain relieving endorphins.
10. Our immune system is given a boost enabling us to fight disease.
11. It can help reduce anger, depression and anxiety.
12. Use of music can help people to regain balance if affected by illness such as Parkinson’s disease.
1. Increase in self esteem and confidence.
2. It increases feeling of wellbeing.
3. It enhances mood.
4. Useful as a stress reducer.
5. It is uplifting spiritually.
6. It can increase positive feelings.
7. Encourages creativity.
8. It can be energising.
9. It evokes emotions.
10. Promotes bonding.
11. Increases understanding and empathy between cultures.
12. It is healing.
1. It enables you to meet more people.
2. It is a forum for sharing.
3. Brings people together and encourages a sense of community.
4. Offers opportunity for giving and receiving positive feedback.
5. A forum for fun and laughter.
7. Provides a safe environment to try new skills.
8. Brings people together.
LOTS OF GOOD REASONS TO COME AND GIVE US A TRY.